Monday, December 14, 2009

"In running, it doesn't matter whether you come in first, in the middle of the pack, or last. You can say 'I have finished.'

Happy 6 weeks Sweet cheeks....(ooh look It even rhymed)

I hope you all find yourselves doing well.....can you believe we're half way there? It feels like just yesterday I was typing...happy 1st day! :)

So...I was wondering...well maybe hoping that some of you might be interested in running...before you totally rule out the idea...hear me out...about a year ago I started running (on a reguar basis)...it wasn't the greatest at first....but with the help of a wonderful book (that seriously walks you through each step...literally)...and a fabulous running partner...oh and also knowing there was a race to run in...it has become one of my favorite past times :)...Soooo...what do you all thing???....come on...I would just love...love...love it...I'll be your best friend...lol! Here's the book I went by...I mean honestly...to start you run 2 minutes...walk 2 minutes...it's that easy!
Here's a funny little running saying...but I swear its not true!
If you run 100 miles a week, you can eat anything you want -- Why? Because
(a) you'll burn all the calories you consume,
(b) you deserve it, and
(c) you'll be injured soon and back on a restricted diet anyway.
I know...I'm a dork!

Ok...so what are you all making for dinner tonight?...I better get going so I can throw the chili in the crock pot...I've been making this veggie chili that has candied yams and corn in it...absolutely delish I tell ya! Oh shoot...just remembered that my sweetums likes tacos on Monday nights while he watches football...OOPS!

Can you all believe I'm actually writing this early in the evening?....I can't....usually I'm cramming it in at the very end of the night.

I hope you have a wonderful night...stay warm.

Sweet dreams you fabulous rock stars ;)

5 comments:

Shelley said...

Hey, what happened to Sunday?

Jenny said...

Ha...I took my free journal day!!! Haven't took one until last night. But thanks for pointing it out...lol!

Jayme said...

Hello my perky friend. Gee I needed to come earlier and read this when you wrote it, or better yet I should have this go to my cell phone as a txt. Week 6 feels like week sick! (does that rhyme :) Today is the day I would say...walk...no wait let me keep with the theme...run away from this. lol Tough day. I used my free point on Monday...what is up? I've only used that free point once. I was so hungry tonight. Unlike you who comes home and goes to bed cause she missed dinner I came home and ate. Then after that I exercised, oh am I dying. I should have gone to bed but then I would have been negative, Thats not going to happen.

Okay, tomorrow is a new day. Run...sure when I get this thing off my foot I would love to run. My younger days I ran 15 to 20 a day. Loved it! Just loved it. But now I need baby steps, Big baby steps.

New day...it is past midnight. I will feel fresh and new! Mind over matter.

Jayme said...

ok,,,this is funny my word verifcation to post was "anate".... I can write that like I want, "She came home from church "an ate" ....LOL

Laura said...

these knees don't run, but I wish they did....runners are typically skinny I wouldn't mind being able to eat anything I want...Good luck!