Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Drowning in sweetness

Hi there you little snowflakes....So how's the cuteness coming along today?

My goodness...I've spent the whole day baking the most scrumptious yummies for tomorrow nights cookie exchange :)...I made cranberry coconut chews...peanut butter chocolate pretzels...and soon will be putting some pumpkin iced cookies in the oven....but I just have to tell you...this challenge is KILLING me today...I knew this week was going to be tough...but jeez Louise!!!

OK...I will stop complaining about all the things I must resist...move on Jen!

So...have you all finished your Christmas shopping? I'm sure you must be as busy as me with all last minute details and school activities...I know we can get so caught up in all the things that need to get done...I'm hoping you can squeeze in a little time to breath and thank God for this wonderful time of year...He has ever so blessed us with...cherish the ones around you my friends...big hugs to all!

I hope your evening is delightful~

Sweet dreams :)

3 comments:

Laura said...

I am making a coconut-type cookie too! Yummy....but I will take that point tomorrow. There's no way....I just don't have the willpower for self-deprivation.

On another note, I started a new book:"The Body God Designed." So far so good....I'll keep you posted!

Journaling....I've decided to start doing gratitude lists. Some nights it's sentences and others it's simply 10 words. The idea (if you've never heard of it) is to write at the end of the day list 10 things that you are grateful/thankful for. It's supposed to make you happier! If you focus on the positives each day, instead of what didn't go right, it's supposed to make a difference. I'll keep you posted on that too!

Jayme said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jayme said...

Now that I read what I wrote....

Laura, keep me posted on the journal list of 10 things. A friend of mine did that. this will make you laugh, one day she wrote down her list of positives, my kids are lucky that there getting food from me. my kids are lucky I didn't throw their toys away. She said when she was done making that list she was laughing so hard that she did feel better...lol thought I would share. :)

Shopping, not even close in this house. I need time away from kids. I have decided to take my time when the girls are in preschool to go to the gym. Need that more than shopping..at least for this time.

I have 4 gingerbread houses covered in sweets and the house smells like frosting. They have been there since Sunday. Why would one do that?