Friday, November 20, 2009

"Willpower is the art of replacing one habit for another"

Omg...all the yummy foods that have started to overwhelm my senses!...I must resist!...I must...I must...I must...lol! After being around all the scrumptious sweets today...I'm afraid last nights baking was just the beginning...(ugh!)...too many more days this holiday season...of using that ever so great willpower I know is within me! For goodness sakes...I went a whole year without eating sweets...3 months should be a piece of cake! Honestly...it's the comfort and memories that come along with all those lovely smells that is the hardest and when you realize that you do not need to actually taste those feelings...that is a comfort in itself :)

I'm not sure I will take my free days unless I have to...I feel like it will set me back to square one....what do you all think?...and have you been using the free points?

I have gotten to bed sooo late these last few nights..I am cutting it short tonight in hopes to get some much needed sleep....here I come Mr. Sandman

Sweet dreams :)

3 comments:

Shelley said...

I sent you an email earlier. My wheels came off the wagon today (and hopefully aren't too far ahead to catch). It started in class and continued on until I just got up and brushed my teeth. Lost all kinds of points today. I will let you know how I do tomorrow. Now I can go to bed. I waited until you posted.
Good Night

Jenny said...

That's ok Shelley...when you wake up in the morning I bet those wheels will have been put back on :)

Jayme said...

Hello friend, it seems like ages since I read your blog, why, I have been so sick. Went to doc and contagious for 7-10 days. I can deal with that, we have an extra room where I can sleep and keep my wonderful husband from getting sick and a good night sleep in our bed. But the problem, which I am shocked I worked thru, was no 7up when sick. I am not a soda drinker by any means but this has just killed me. I need my childhood cure, 7up and crackers. I did it without both. Now the crazy part...addiction I could say...I was crying from being sick (natural for me when I am running a fever of 101) but I got on my bike to exercise. Yes I know this is not helping me but all I could think is I need to check that darn box. Sick! in more than one way.

Now to hear this part, I broke my toe, toe next to big toe. It has been hurting since the 10th. Walked into that darn bike I put on a trainer. Ugh! I went to doc tonight again, and I have a fancy shoe. Not as fancy as your pink one I bet :) When I got home from doc tonight I turned to Tim and said now I need to think of all the cool upper body things I can do at the gym. He doesn't know I have been on that darn bike while sick when doc said to stay in bed for 5 days. Oh but my mind says...if you can get out of bed and take kids to school and take care of twins then you can get on that bike. So there is is ...crazy seems to follow those who try to do and get better health! But I will be emailing in my 70 points unless I die. ;o

About our free day/points...I am not sure I can touch that door. I will fall fast. This week has been hard being sick. But you bet I some celery and a banana whereever I went so when I felt a little good I will eat my veg/fruit.

Jen good for you for making dinner and planning! sorry it dropped. Sorry about the polish too. Kids, I think they are all in rare form right now. The girls have been well, not the best behaved this week. The boys, can you at least do your job around house I am sick. It's only trash and dishes. But I have made it through and knowing I wasn't going to get my 3 free sick days. How does that work anyways if doc tells you not to do anything for 5? Do you know?

Ok...glad to bed off the pillow still coughing bad. But knowing I would have been a lot worse if I had not started this challenge. Chocolate would have been my choice instead of banana and celery. Yea...better choices!