Saturday, November 7, 2009

In a "nutshell"

Ok, so here's what's crackin...There are 10 goals to accomplish each day...and I already know what your thinking...so STOP IT!...we need to be positive..right? These 10 things should (and I say "should" lightly) be simple, motivating, and VERY rewarding!

Here it goes!

1. drink 48 oz of water a day (piece of cake)
2. 45 minutes of exercise...does not have to be consecutive
3. consume 2 servings of vegetables and 2 servings of fruits
4. no soda or alcohol...(UGH!)

ok, TAKE A DEEP BREATH FOR THIS ONE
5. no sweets...desserts, pastries, candy, sugary snacks...(but sugar-free alternatives are fine), fast food, or unhealthy snacks like potato chips...etc!
6. no eating after 8:00 pm (getting easier)
7. read 15 minutes of spiritual or uplifting text
8. write in a journal (your lookin at it)
9. express specific appreciation, love, or praise to another person
10. personal goal-each week make a personal goal for everyday (read to your kids, organize the closets, get 8 hours of sleep)

another important thing...you get a point for each thing you do each day (so keep a calender thingy on the frig or something)...end of the day you should have 10 points...you can have a FREE point PER CATAGORY, PER WEEK or save them up for one WHOLE free day...for example, one day a week you choose to skip exercise, but you would still get the point for doing it-if you only miss it ONCE that week...this is the same for each catagory...or you might choose to have 1 free day where all the points are free...woo-hoo (now we're talking sweet cheeks!)

Alright enough with all the rules...you have until Monday Nov. 9th to decide if you want to get healthy (physically and mentally)...so come join me...seriously I would LOVE IT!

4 comments:

Jayme said...

Why am I waiting? What is holding me back?

Laura said...

So awesome...what a great page...will be on here with y'all!

Jenny said...

Jayme...whatca thinking?

Jayme said...

Jen, thinking...to do this is to DO THIS!!! I am not a person who only goes half way. So I need to give it my all. I see falling fast. that scares me. Am I stronger? oh yes...But, to fall is to admit I could not do something...so with that being said. I am joining in with YOU! you can have my 10.00 I don't care...you can have my 10.00 even if I last 10 hours. I will have tried. I read your second blog already and you know what the thought of holidays had not crossed my mine, I need to do one day and that day has not come. I will be one step closer to a better ME...I will get up and do it...do it! Thanks! if the challenge was not given I still would have woke up to do nothing to improve myself. Good Luck (I know I need it :)