Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Nature's Palette

Aaawww Fall...Do you not just positively LOVE it?...The scrumptious smells...the beautiful trees....the clean crisp evening air....For Pete's sake...I love it so much I even named my daughter Autumn after this delightful season! This my friends...is all the things that were going through my mind as I was on a family bike ride....yes, you heard it right...FAMILY BIKE RIDE!!! Well wait...we were actually missing the littlest squirt..but everyone knows she's about as slow as molasses anyways :) No seriously...it really meant a lot to me to have the fam involved.

It's been really nice that everyone has been so supportive and involved in the wellness of little ol' me...even as I write this I have not had one interruption.

Ok...tell me this...Is the never ending peeing thing getting on your nerves as much as mine??? Jeez Louise...It's not like I didn't drink water before!!!

Oh no...just realized I didn't eat dinner and it's 30 minutes to 8...guess that means I will be closing for now.

Hope your evening is cozy~

Sweet dreams :)

5 comments:

Laura said...

Awesome Jen -- love the family bike rides. Amelia kept up on a 5 mile ride a couple of weeks ago! She's a mini-athlete! Well the soda urge really crept over me today at lunch (when everyone else was having one). And I confess I must be a wine-aholic (is that a word?) at dinner time! I am missing it a bit too much!

All else is going well....have to share from my book by Max Lucado. I thought it was appropriate that the two chapters I read were about 1) wanting (the burden of discontent) and 2) rest (the burden of weariness). It was an awesome reminder not to tie my joy to "wanting" to be thinner. David tells us in Psalm 23: "The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want." So appropriate! If anyone needs a good inspirational book when I'm done...this is a good one. Happy Thursday tomorrow!

kimbranch said...

How fun, the family bike ride. I would be there right along with Chloe, slow.
Hector and Kai have been very supportive too. Kai has been exercising and playing Wii fit with me. And tonight Hector and I went to one of our favorite places to eat and drink wine. He both went without the wine and had salads instead of fries.
Laura you're not the only one struggling with the wine thing. I enjoy a glass or two of wine, here or there. And I have been wanting one too.
I was a bit bummed today, I did not get in all my fruits and veggies. I tried to eat a banana...started to gag...had to stop. Told myself this would be my free day and bought a bunch of apples.
Good night, finally.

Susanne said...

Laura,
Perhaps we could swap books in a couple of weeks? If I get done with mine in time, I'll send it home with mom for you : )

Jayme said...

Jen, today is day 4...tough day in my life. wanted and wanted but did not let those bad things happen. Yea!! I am going to need to be stronger tomorrow..Yes I Can!!!

"sweet dreams" killing me friend...I think chocolate...hahahaha

Laura said...

I have caved! Feeling a lot of stress right now and overcommitted with a deadline. Even broke out in cold sores! I need to burn the midnight oil and chocolate is my company. I will get back on track tomorrow! Thank goodness for the free points! Willpower has never been my strong suit.

On another note....I have been surprised my my rise in feelings of indignity towards my husband now that I'm trying to rid myself of all those "toxins" like alcohol and junk food. I keep thinking in my head, "does he really need to have that tonight?" I have to remind myself that there's nothing more annoying than someone who assumes everyone should be doing what they're doing...shouldn't they? HaHa! Hope you all did better than I did! Happy weekend....