Monday, November 16, 2009

I'm stuck!

Ok, so here's my new issue...well I guess it's not really new...cause if you ask my husband he'll tell you he's been telling me for months...but I'm in a food rut...mostly lunch ideas for myself...but I feel like I eat the same things over and over again...ugh! Ok, so here's my staples...tofu salad or some kinda salad, red bell pepper with cheese and crackers, and soup...yep there they are...all 3 of them. So now that you know this...and keep in mind that I'm a vegetarian...would one of you sweet things PLEASE give me some new ideas?...oh, and maybe ones that are kinda quick and easy :) oh, and also have fruits and veggies in them...with them...around them!

Another thing...how much is in a serving?...as in 2 servings of fruits & veggies...I've been thinking somewhere around a cup or handful...a whole banana or apple....what do you all think?

Ok..I swear this is it...how in the world do you all find time and room in your day to eat 3 meals and all the servings of F & V's...sometimes I've just been eating vegetables for dinner if I didn't get them in for the day...I know, silly problem to have...oh well!

I hope you all had a superlicious day!

Sweet dreams :)

6 comments:

Shelley said...

I have been going by Weight Watchers 1 small banana 1 serving or 1 lg banana 2 servings or points. Veges are 1/2 cup is one serving so if you have a salad for lunch with any other veges in it, you are good. That is why I like this challenge it is realistic for me. Not 9 servings of fruits and veges, give me a break.

If you would write just a tad bit more this may even count for my something spiritual!

Jenny said...

Ha Shelley your funny...maybe if I say stuff like bless you all...your in my prayers...etc...you could count it...lol!

thanks for the serving info!

bets said...

Jen,
How about a baked potato for lunch. Topped with salsa, cheese, etc... i top mine with FAGE greek yogurt which has a lot more protein than sour cream. I have been having toast with peanut butter and banana for breakfast and sometimes lunch, yummy. I agree with Shelley, on the size of fruit and veggies. I always have good quality frozen veggies on hand. S&W is a good brand, just steam and eat.

Jenny said...

ooh thanks Betsy...sounds delish!

Anonymous said...

I'll add my 2 cents...I have to plan (either the night before or the morning of) what my 2 servings of the veggies and fruits will be each day, otherwise it ends up being 7:30 and I'm cramming them down my throat. When I have a plan I eat them all througout the day rather than all of them at the end of the day.

Jenny said...

Yes...I know your so right cause the days I have done that it's been better...thanks for the info...hopefully no more "only" califlower (sp?) dinners for me :)