Friday, November 13, 2009

Healthy Bites

Yeah...I've refueled and feelin super this evening! Crazy busy day...and still was able to get all the points checked....yippee for me!

Ok Ladies get out your pen & paper I found a butternut squash recipe that looks healthy, simple and even kinda cozy...(Here's to you Shelley and Mr. Squash) :

2 Tablespoon butter
1 sm. onion chopped
1 stalk celery chopped
1 med. carrot chopped
2 med. potatoes cubed
1 med. butternut squash...peeled, seeded & cubed
1 (32 oz) container chicken stock (I will use veg. stock...probably will taste the same right?)
salt & pepper to taste
*melt butter in pot, cook the onion, celery, carrot, potatoes & squash...5 minutes or until lightly brown...pour in enough stock to cover veggies...bring to boil...reduce the heat to low...cover pot & simmer 40 min.
*transfer to blender until smooth...then put back into pot and add any remaining stock until desired consistency...salt and pepper to taste! Then jump in your car and bring some to me :)

One more yummy idea...My friend Sara reminded me today about chai tea...I Just positively adore everything about this delicious drink...she bought the "Oregon chai" in the container and mixed with milk...I also have just bought chai tea bags and steeped in milk (no water)....add alittle honey and...awwww! Great alternative to those sugary Starbucks.

Hey...did you all see on the Wellness challenge site that she was trying to get a bunch of us to run or walk in the reindeer trail run 5 k/10k...coming up on Dec. 5 th? interested??? I thought it would be really fun to meet some of the other gals that we're up against! I will also be running in the Folsom Turkey Trot Thanksgiving morning...any takers?

It's now almost midnight and I must sleep...ooh maybe I should eat..it is technically the next day right? J.K :)

Sweet Dreams :)

1 comments:

Susanne said...

A good article:
http://health.yahoo.com/featured/63/weight-management-myths-debunked/
Very much in-line with my philosophy with clients, and relates to what we're all doing, so thought I'd share. ENJOY!