Monday, November 23, 2009

moments of weakness

I must confess...today was probably one of the hardest days I've had on this challenge! ugh!!! It didn't help that I sat in the car while everyone else ate ice cream sundae's...then we had 1/2 pint's b-day celebration...so this time I sat at the table while everyone else ate cake....dumb sweets...wish they never even existed! The craving's hadn't been to bad...until TODAY!!! Thank goodness for my new bff's...apples and peanut butter...I love you :)

Ok...so have any of you read or seen the book "Skinny Bitch"? (Pardon my french)...seriously...it is a great book! they also have a fabulous cookbook called "Skinny Bitch in the Kitch".








The authors are down right hilarious...they get right down to the point for sure...they are a couple of no-nonsense girls...who call sugar...the Devil...soda and beer...liquid Satan...lol! The chapter on "sugar" is perfect!...What I really should do...is read it every time I'm craving all those yummy sweets.

Goals for tomorrow:
call grandma
get house and laundry done for 2nd round of guests
go see New Moon...(can this be a goal? ha)

Sooo happy my sis is coming soon...she's on the challenge too...so I will have a buddy for the rest of the week...my husband isn't doing so hot!

Have a great day tomorrow

Sweet dreams :)

5 comments:

kimbranch said...

Aaw sis, can't wait to see you either. I am so glad to have you and your willpower around me during this next week. It is really going to be hard traveling for 8 hrs and get in my fruits and veggies. I am packing an ice-chest for the road, so I hope it helps. I am also I little worried that tomorrow since we are leaving so late that if we stop to stretch and eat, it will be after 8.
The sweets have not been an issue so much for me but I know when I am up at your house it is going to be hard to say no to all the yummy things you bake. Or eating late night ice cream with Jeff.
Love you and will be seeing you very soon!

Laura said...

I'm tired, I'm sick and I have no will-power. That all sucks! Jen you're my hero -- If they made a superhero in a comic strip, you'd be "Willpower Wonder" Girl, can stop a craving and never gives in, writes an awesome blog and is never a hog! Okay, that's bad, but I did say I was tired.

After 8pm is killing me! I rationalized it would be okay tonight because I didn't get my 2nd vegetable in. So I sat and ate baby carrots, but then dipped them in onion dip (and had to have a few crackers)! ARGH! Sigh.

I hope you all did better....good night!

Jayme said...

Today I am thinking "Better me in 3" would have been nice if it was three weeks. :) not three months. Went to pie making last night,(WHY???) cooked one today. Had to take to neighbor a plate so there wouldn't be any leftovers. Oh and the girls don't like apple pie...can I just lick they plate?? I really wouldn't be eating it. LOL. Lucky for me one said she was not feeling good, and other played with it to much. I didn't eat but Wow is this going to be hard on Thanksgiving.

I can do this...I can do this!

Jenny said...

Laura I'm cracking up...a rhymer and all :) Your so cute! Sorry your sick...can you use the free sick days and also free Thanksgiving and remember you also get a normal week day of free points...I don't know just trying to help...hope you feel better soon...I think I would take some sleepy meds early and sleep so I wouldn't be hungry...lol!

bets said...

I read skinny bitch over a year ago and loved it! I should probably read it again now! But then i would have to give up coffee too! Please share any good recipes from the cookbook.
Good luck to all over Thanksgiving, i know you can all do it!