Thursday, February 4, 2010

what strikes your fancy?

Hello Sweet cheeks!

So we all have been journaling...right?...well my mother in law had the best idea...(or at least the book she is reading did)...as well as writing in your journal...you cut pictures from magazines...you know, stuff that makes us feel good...things that strike our fancy...or maybe just a quote or article that inspired us that day...and glue them in the journal. I really thought this was a cute idea...wouldn't it be great to look back on the stuff that made us tick?

Thinking about doing this...really got me thinking, what are a few of my favorite things?...So, earlier today I started a list..(in my head of course)...and thought I'd share....not that it matters to you all....but looking back one day...I will be able to see what made "my" boat float...alright, here it goes...

1. My husband and kids...they completely freak me out sometimes...but love them to pieces!

2. My fan...I love it...have to hear that baby to sleep at night...I've had one sitting on my bedside table since before I can remember...yep, even take it on trips :)

3. Tea...(tea parties especially)...a friend introduced me to it about 9 years ago....and I just love how feminine they make me feel.

4. Converse...have had a pair since I was 15...I probably will always love them.

5. clean sheets...aawwww!

6. new socks....one day when I win the lotto...I will never wear a worn pair again.

7. last but not least...talking to my sister...no matter how far we are from each other...we always find time to talk at least once a day....(or maybe 10)

ok ok...I'm done...I really could keep going...but I'll stop :)

oh...by the way....the "Daily Method" exercise class (I told you all about)...kicks booty...I was shaking at the end...it's sorta like an intense Pilate's class with great music and really fun!!! The hour went by soooo fast....I know I'm going to hate getting out of bed in the morning...ugh!

Alright...rented a movie tonight so I better close.

Have an awesome day tomorrow!

Sweet dreams :)

4 comments:

kimbranch said...

Oh how you just made my day, or week. As I was reading your favorite things I started to think about mine and I thought about our phone conversations and how they are one of my most favorite things....then I read your last one. Ok I got a little choked up. I value our relationship so much.
Glad you liked the class. Sounds fun but a bit intense for me. I had another great day. Shonna and I went walking/running at the park with the girls. I kicked her butt.
Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Wow 4 days down and looking so forward to another one today. Thank you Jen for sharing this amazing experience I can't wait to keep going and get more goals done! -Jess

Veronica A. said...

My favorite things...my top 5...in no particular order!
1. Falling asleep to the sound of rain.
2. Taking a nap in the sun...with my toes buried in the sand...with the crash of waves in the background.
3. Snuggling with my kids.
4. How my kids fight about who gets to sleep with mom first when dad leaves on a trip!
5. The way my husband still looks at me like when we were first falling in love...

Trina said...

Thank you Jen for being such an inspiration to me. I am now blogging every day and loving it!! (http://stampn4fun.blogspot.com/)

I have not lost any points yet this week. (I say that like I am expecting it any moment) I am trying to stay strong and it really does help knowing I have so many people for support. To top it off I weighed in today at Jenny Craig and I lost 2.8 pounds this week. I have now lost 12.4 pounds in the last 5 weeks.

I believe this challenge is what is keeping me on target to keep losing each week. Whoo Hoo...