Wednesday, February 3, 2010

mental health day

Goodness gracious am I easily distracted these days...just take today for example...I had big plans...take kiddos to school, walk with friends, teach my class and immediately GO home and spend the day cleaning out the bedroom...but what happens instead...sigh...is the phone rings and my adorable sister in law says..."hey Jen, wanna come over and have lunch and hang out?"...and yes...that's all it took...my on-a-roll attitude came to a screeching hault!...yes, I did do everything before the cleaning out the room part...but that all happened before 10:15 am...My mother in law calls these days her..."taking a mental health day"....funny huh?...I say...if that's the case...one might think I should move into a funny farm with as many mental health days I've been taking.

Woohoo...I am soooo excited, tomorrow I am invited to learn all about the Daily Method...whats THAT you ask???...well...the Daily method is a unique combination of ballet barre work, core conditioning, stretching, and orthopedic exercises...(basically it kicks your butt into shape)! It's been super popular in the bay area over the last couple of years...and I have been dieing to take a class!!! Just found out there is one opening in Roseville soon...and the owner is a friend of a friend and shes going to give us a class :)

Alright..think I should close for the night...I'm the art docent tomorrow in the little ones class...so I better get more prepared...yikes!

Have a fantastic day 4 tomorrow!

Sweet dreams :)

4 comments:

kimbranch said...

The Daily Method sounds interesting, but fun. Can't wait to hear about it. I had my best day of the challenge today. I go all my points. I missed a few in the last two days. Love you sis!

Shelley said...

Mental Health days are very important for us. We are the glue, right. Mama isn't happy, nobody is happy.

Laura said...

Where is the dance/exercise place in Roseville? Let me know how it goes....sounds like fun (well, maybe)!

Veronica A. said...

Ok...thought I wouldn't hit a wall unto week 2...but here I am, on DAY 4...aah! My biggest challenge--my usual 3 day a week workouts stretching to 7 days a week--I need a little inspiration. Any ideas, guys? My off-running days I am thinking I will do a dvd at home. Anyone have any recommendations? That workout sounds cool. Let us know details when you get them, Jen. Happy Thursday, all! V