Thursday, February 25, 2010

Excuse me sir...do you happen to be homeless?

As I was driving through Starbucks this morning...I came across this homeless man...(I'm sure waiting for some kind soul to grant him with his morning cup of joe)...he was just sitting there...filthy and cold...but the thing that really "Got" me...was he had the brightest smile you can imagine...and I thought later that day...why am I not smiling more these days?...what is my problem?...My issues don't even compare to his, I'm sure. As I passed him this morning...I had this sick feeling inside...and if I wasn't already running late...I would have turned around...honestly, I should have turned around...and usually I do...Usually I will ask them what kind of food they would like...(meaning closest fast food available)...and usually they will ramble off a full menu...even dessert for goodness sakes...which completely cracks me up...what on earth is with that?

Now here's the real topper to my heart for the homeless...several months ago...I was dining with a friend downtown....while leaving (with a bunch of leftovers)...we decided it would be nice just to pass them on...wellll....are you ready for this one...I actually tried giving my food to a man that WAS NOT even homeless...lol...I swear he looked like it...although after I totally humiliated myself and him....I realized the matching luggage at his feet should have been a clue....ha!

Awwww...goal number 192 :)...smile more...why not!

I hope you all are having a superlious day!

Sweet dreams :)

0 comments: